“TokyoTokyo” Sign and Communication Design Decorates Five Tokyo-owned Facilities!
The “TokyoTokyo” sign and communication design has been posted at five facilities: Ueno Park, the boarding bridges at Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, the sun/rain shade roofing at Higashi Yashio Greenway, Chofu Airport, and Takeshiba Passenger Ship Terminal.
1. Ueno Park: Sakurka-dori Avenue, area in front of Grand Fountain, and other places (Ueno-koen, Taito-ku; 3 Ikenohata, Taito-ku)
Featuring the Ueno Park PR mascot character “Uenon” and the “TokyoTokyo” icon, this sign provides a visual guide for park visitors.
2. Tokyo International Cruise Terminal: Boarding bridges* (2 Aomi Chisaki, Koto-ku)
With a row of pictograms representing Tokyo motifs and messages to arriving and departing cruise passengers, this design creates a mood of hospitality.
3. Higashi Yashio Greenway: Pillars inside sun/rain shade roofing (3-1 Higashi-Yashio, Shinagawa-ku)
A sign using pictograms and arrows indicating distances to guide visitors between Tokyo International Cruise Terminal and Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station on Yurikamome Line.
4. Chofu Airport Terminal: Waiting area (290-3 Nishimachi, Chofu-shi)
The airport is a gateway to Tokyo’s islands. The pictogram design uses motifs such as the famous places and specialties of four islands.
5. Takeshiba Passenger Ship Terminal: Waiting area (1-16-1 Kaigan, Minato-ku)
The terminal is a gateway to Tokyo’s islands. The pictogram design uses motifs such as the famous places and specialties of all eleven islands.
Each facility features a different design, so be sure to take a look at them when you visit the above facilities.
(* The boarding bridges at Tokyo International Cruise Terminal are accessible only to arriving and departing cruise passengers.)